HMO Property

Fire Safety Risk Assessment of HMO Property

If you are a responsible person, you must be aware of the legal requirement of Fire Safety Risk Assessment of HMO Property of your building. Fire Safety Risk Assessment of HMO Property is conducted by professional fire risk experts. They are trained for the job to ensure that the building follows the compliance which encourages fire safety. They ensure that the premises are properly monitored at regular intervals to reduce the risk of fire in the building.

Fire Safety assessors are responsible to conduct thorough investigation. They need to have a look at the alarm system of the building. They also need to check the fire safety equipment. Every building needs to have a fire safety equipment to take the precautionary measures when the building catches fire.

The Risk Of Fire In Your Building

As a responsible landlord, it is your duty to assess the risk of fire in your building. You need to eliminate the risk of fire. Check the need of fire detection in the building, especially in the common areas. If there is a need of signs and emergency escape lighting, make sure that your building is equipped with that. If you live in a HMO (house in multiple occupation) you need to ensure that the property is properly assessed. An HMO is a building where two or more residents live who are not from the same family. To meet the safety standards you need to check the whether the building has the Local Council Housing License from the regulatory authority and considered safe to live in.

The common areas have more access to everyone when you live in a HMO. It is always a good idea to keep a check on the fire risk. Make sure that you have warning signs and proper exits to evacuate the building if needed.

For further details advise please speak to our adviser on 01442-939006 or you can email us on and we will be happy to discuss your specific requirements.

We provide many other great services too, so if you are thinking to help you for Asbestos Survey, Legionella Risk Assessment and EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) then definitely contact us. Make us a call anytime and see how we will provide you with services that one can only desire, you can email us.